This guide will show you how to install the Print Nanny as an OctoPrint plugin.
Before you get started, you'll need to install OctoPi on a Raspberry Pi - check this guide if you're unsure how to do this.
Install OctoPrint Nanny Plugin
- Open OctoPrint's Settings 🔧 menu
- Click Plugin Manager menu item (under the OctoPrint section)
- Click the Get More button to open the plugin search menu
- Search for Print Nanny and click the Install button
Restart OctoPrint Server
- SSH into the Raspberry Pi running your OctoPrint installation
- Restart OctoPrint's server by running
sudo service octoprint restart
Don't skip this step! Print Nanny will not initialize until you restart the OctoPrint server.
Copy API Token
Log into the Print Nanny Dashboard and copy your API token.
When you re-open OctoPrint, a setup wizard will guide you through installation.
Paste your Print Nanny API token into the Authentication Token field
Click test connection to link your Print Nanny and OctoPrint accounts.
Register OctoPrint device
Give your device a good name like "living room" or "Theodore"
Test your Webcam's snapshot URL
Click capture to test your webcam connection.
Thanks for testing Print Nanny!
Need help or have a question?
- Open a Github issue to report a bug, get support, or request a feature
- Join Discord to chat and hang out with other makers
New features and updates will be announced in email newsletters.